Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Technique Tuesday: Distressed Glue

I am starting this post on Tuesday but it will be Wednesday before I finish it. The day got away from me and I just didn’t finish in time.
This technique uses cardstock, craft glue, ink and a sponge. When you are finished your paper is supposed to have a distressed, vintagey look. It looked more like marble to me.
The first step is to put dots of glue randomly on your cardstock. I have 4 pieces of cardstock to experiment with, two are White Daisy and two are Colonial White.
I wasn’t sure how much glue was too much so on one , I added a bigger blob.
Then, using your finger spread the glue around in whatever direction you desire.
Wait for it to dry.
The second one with the big blob of glue started to buckle so I added something to the edges to weigh it down a bit.

Once dry you can choose your colors and sponge them on the paper. I used Sapphire, Lagoon, Glacier and Cocoa.
That’s it! I liked the 2 on the left the best so I used them to make 2 different cards. The 3rd one was the one with the blob of glue and I think it was too much. The last one looks like it has 2 deer on it. I don’t think the difference in color of the cardstock mattered much.


No comments:

Post a Comment