Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: Four

The Heart 2 Heart Challenge theme this week is 4, four of anything. Since this theme is pretty wide open it makes it a lot of fun to see what everyone comes up with.
This morning I thought I would try and learn a new technique. I got on YouTube and found something that looked interesting. Basically, you take a block and add different colored inks directly to the block, spritz with some water and then stamp the ink covered block on your paper. What you should get is a square of ink that looks like you water colored. Then, the idea was to stamp a “shadow” image over it. For this challenge, I was thinking of stamping four images. If your interested here is the video I watched. I am sure there are more out there.
I know, I could have just water colored but, again, I was looking for different techniques.
After stamping several times, I wasn’t digging what I was coming up with and it was starting to get late into the morning so I scrapped my card idea. I started some of my usual daily tasks and got my girls breakfast. While they ate I took my mess back up to my craft room. I just hated to throw out all the paper I had inked on so, I got the idea to take four of the 3″x3″ squares and cut them down to 1 3/4″ squares. And, this is ultimately what I came up with. I am glad I was able to turn what I thought had been a waste of time into a pretty decent card.
image
image

Products Used:

Inks: Black, Sapphire, Glacier, Canary, Poppy and Sunset
Black and White Daisy Card stock
#C1640 Friend in Me Stamp Set
Water color paper from Hobby Lobby
Love this set! And, I hate to sound like a broken record but this stamp will be discontinued at the end of this month. So get it now
Friend in Me

No comments:

Post a Comment