Monday, April 25, 2016

Technique Tuesday: Faux Letterpress Card

One of my most favorite techniques is dry embossing. It is super easy to create beautiful cards using your embossing folders and embossing machine. CTMH has some great cardstock that has a white core and so after embossing you can take some sand paper and rub it over the cardstock revealing the core and highlighting those embossed images.
Today though, I am going to try a new-to-me technique called faux letterpress. I am going to use an embossing folder that I have that has anchors on it.
The first step is to take your embossing folder, open it, and on the inside rub your ink pad on the side of the folder that is flat, in other words, the side that does not have the raised design on it. Make sure you cover it completely.
Next, take a piece of white cardstock and put it in the folder and then run it through your embossing machine.
And, here is how the cardstock looks after embossing. The ink will have an uneven look to it. But, I think it looks really fun.  If you are using CTMH Ink Pads then, the ink does not stain your folder and simply washes off with water.
Here is my finished card. I absolutely love this technique and plan to use it often! I may try Cashmere or Desert Sand inks next time to give the card a vintage look.

Supplies Used:

CTMH Inks: Sapphire and Black
CTMH Cardstock: White Daisy, Pomegranate and Glacier
A1186 Pirate Birthday stamp set
Black LePen
Embossing Folder from Paper Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment