Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: Fun Fold

I love the La Vie En Rose paper. The black and white papers are so versatile.
But, there is one thing I do not love about it and that one thing is the floral piece. I don’t know what it is about it but it doesn’t appeal to me. Honestly, it reminds me of those 90’s photos of the babies photographed by Anne Geddes.  Yet, it was the first paper I thought of when I decided to do a pinwheel card. And I love it! It really works with this card.

The Heart 2 Heart challenge this week is to create a card with a different type of fold to it. So, off I went to YouTube in search of a fun fold I haven’t tried before. Hence, the pinwheel. All the videos I found required a diagonal scoreboard of which I was not an owner of. So, I figured out how to make one without it. I used the stamp sets I Do, Happy to be Friends and Happy Times. First here is a picture of the card.




How to make a pinwheel card without using a scoreboard.
Cut an 8″x 8″ square of double-sided  paper.

Using a pencil and ruler, make a line down the mid-point of each side of the square. Don’t worry about the pencil marks because this is the inside of the card and they won’t show once completed. After you do this, you will have a big cross on your paper.
Adhere a 4″x 4″ square of cardstock in the center of the 8″x 8″ square so that the corners of the smaller square touch your pencil lines.
Using the 4″ square as your guide, fold in all 4 corners one at a time, opening each one back out before you do the next one. Use your bone tool to make nice creases.
After you have creased all 4 sides you will see 4 small triangles where your folds overlapped. Cut these small triangles out.
Turn your whole piece over and fold up a section of each flap as shown below until all 4 are done.
Stamp your sentiment on a 3,75″ x 3.75″ piece of cardstock and turn the card over and adhere this sentiment to the inside. (Yes, I switched colors on my 4″ square piece.)
To fold up, just fold in one flap at a time and when you get to the last one, tuck it in under the others.
To add a belly band, use a strip of cardstock 7/8″ x 9″, wrap it around the card overlapping the ends, adhere the ends together. Hide your seam by creating a decorative embellishment to the band.
Click here to see more fun folds or join the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment