Saturday, June 25, 2016

Fourth of July Knitted Bunting

I haven’t posted in awhile because I have been on vacation! We spent a week in Minnesota with extended family. There were about 16 of us staying in a beautiful lake house on Cedar Lake in Annandale, MN.










 











While I was on vacation I did bring some personal card making projects I wanted to complete and I brought some knitting. I did most of the knitting while we were driving. I drove with my parents and we also had my two daughters and my niece in the van with us. I did about 60% of the driving but when I didn’t have my hands on the wheel, I had them on my knitting needles. This was necessary in order to keep my mind off my parent’s driving. I’m not saying they are inferior drivers just inferior to me. Lol. Okay, so I have a slight problem with control. The knitting reduced my need to step on my imaginary brake and gasp every 15 minutes.
A little bit about my knitting…I am a novice, I’m not that good and I usually do small projects like wash clothes. For this project I made a red, white, and blue bunting. It was a pretty quick and simple project.
Here is the pattern, if you would like to make one yourself. I used the pattern from thiswebsite to make mine. I altered the last few rows just a bit from the original pattern. I also strung them together with a piece of yarn rather than crochet a chain since I do not know how to crochet.
Cast on 23
knit 3 rows
Row 4: knit 1, K2tog, knit 17, K2tog, knit 1
Rows 5-7: Knit  (21 stitches per row)
Row 8: knit 1, K2tog, knit 15, k2tog, knit 1
Rows 9-11: Knit (19 stitches per row)
Continue this way reducing by 2 on every fourth row.
When you get down to 3 stitches, knit 3 rows of 3 stitches then knit 2 together and knit 1, then knit the last two together and bind the last one off.
I made 12 triangles. I used a darning needle and red yarn to string the triangles together.
Happy 4th of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment