Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Technique Tuesday: Stamping with your Blocks AND May’s SOTM

Here is a really simple technique to use to create a unique background for your stamps. All you do is take one of your My Acrylix blocks and ink it up and stamp it on your paper.
First make sure your block is clean.


Then, take an ink of your choice and ink up your block. I used a 3 x 3 block and inked it in Glacier and then put a little Crystal Blue on the edges. You always want to start with the lightest ink first but, you could always ink up with one color. Stamp. Clean your block. Add another color to the block in strategic locations and then, stamp again.

Stamp it on your paper using a piece of foam underneath.

The colors I used are really subtle but has a nice soft effect.
Here is my finished card, I used this month’s Stamp of the Month, Celebrate with Cake. And, I finally cracked open my Peacock Ink Pad!
The Stamp of the Month is great. It has lots of doodled cake designs and sentiments. It is available this month only. It is only $5 with a $50 purchase.
CTMH Stamp of the Month
(Psst…if you spend $100 and order directly from me then  I will give it to you absolutely FREE. Plus with it being National Scrapbooking Month you would get a Happy Times Paper pack ($60 min. order) for FREE too! The coordinating Happy Times stamp set is $17.95. Contact me today or Shop Online!
1605-cc-happy-times

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment